Resend Ratio - What does this refer to?

What is the problem?

Unsure on what the Resend Ratio is referring to? Is it network related in regards to packets to the Pi? Or is it referring to and from Pi to the Printer?

On my last print, a simple tower test, I recieved over 30k resend rate. Is this bad?

What did you already try to solve it?
I have re-installed my OctoPrint via the OctoPi Image and changed the cable from my printer to my Pi with still the same results. Only a small variation in quality between printing from the SD from printing via Octoprint.

Have you tried running in safe mode?
No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?
N/A

Additional information about your setup
OctoPrint version: 1.5.2
OctoPi version: 0.17.0
Printer:Ender 3 Pro
Main Board: BigTreeTex SKR Mini 3 v1.2
Firmware: Marlin 2.0
Browser: Safari
Operating system: OSX Big Sur

It is between OctoPrint and the printer. 30k is quite high, but then it would be better to look at the percentage. Also check 30k was not the total number of lines sent, resend ratio is like this

resends/total lines (%rate) in the UI.

Thank you for the crazy quick response! Proving once again the 3D print community is the friendliest on the web.

Okay that makes a bit more sense. I believe then I mis-read it, it showed 0/32k 0%.
So as you explained that would mean that there was no re-sends and there is a good connection between printer and Pi.

1 Like

I believe I am experiencing similar issues. This is my first print after upgrading to OctoPrint 1.5.2 last night. I'm not as savvy as most on here, but I'll try to provide the information I think is pertinent. I have a 0% resend ratio but I can't recognize any communication issues. I can send gcode commands and receive the expected responses. My print failed last night after what appears to be a timeout (the error message asked if my printer was still alive). I power-cycled my octopi and printer and edited my gcode to pick up where it left off. It restarted printing and then the printer stalled later after another communication style time out (still 0% resend). I've disconnected octopi and am printing caveman style from an SD card.

I am using a stock Creality CR-10 from ~5 years ago
Version 0.17.0, running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

Things that have changed since the last time I used the printer:
I upgraded octopi to 1.5.2 ( I don't know what I was on previous to this, it's been almost a year since I've used my printer)
I am using the "TSD" App: Access Anywhere - The Spaghetti Detective : 1.4.7

If you have 0%, this means you have no issue, not a similar one :slightly_smiling_face:

It is a percentage of total lines, showing how many are bad vs how many succeeded. 0% bad commands works. New feature in 1.5.x to display communication issues that might have been hidden. If you've got timeout issues, they are completely unrelated to resend requests.

At least I lead in with "not being savvy".
Thanks for the quick response. I'll dig deeper and start a separate topic when I have more information. Sorry for the derail.

1 Like