How to PAUSE printer when lose Wifi Connection

What is the problem?
I'm losing too many works when Octopie lost the wifi connection (I have some outages in my home)

What did you already try to solve it?
I want to ask to octopie to PAUSE the printer when he lost connection. Currently he's stopping the work and I'm losing the object. But I don't know how to do it.

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ...)

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

I'm using a Anet A8 Plus, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Connected through wifi (I can't use a cable).

Actually octoprint should continue the print even if it loses the network connection.

Do you mean power outages or wifi outages?

If he has plugins which require the Internet then it probably would behave that way. Oh, if only he could have provided the logs as requested... /TheatricalSigh

At this point I'm honestly wondering if it would be possible to write a Discourse plugin that automatically tells people to post the f...riendly logs if they aren't there yet. So much self sabotage...

Anyone know ruby?

2 Likes

Thank you all!

I found the problem. It was in the cable that connects octoprint to the printer. I was losing connection with the printer and not the server. I just realized it.now!

Thank you all again!

1 Like

I just realized that the octoprint was losing connection with thw printer and not with thw wifi lol! I repalced the printer cable and now looks fine!

1 Like

Does this help?

Canned answer replies

1 Like