Restart with M999 But no terminal

What is the problem?

Cant connect to printer after errors (having issues with a BL touch)

What did you already try to solve it?

Well it says restart with M999, which is fine, but how can you do that if the terminal is not connected?? It does not make sense. I want to reset it like you can with Astroprint as an example.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No, will this help in this context?

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Dont think it has anything to do with not being able to connect. I want to force a restart of the board remotely (like you can under AstroPrint and others)

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Just to be clear - the error is created by your printers firmware - not by octoprint.

I can't tell you if it is possible to reconnect after receiving this error message.
At least after M112 (which is also controlled by the printers firmware) I have to power cycle the printer in order to establish a new connection.

By default, OctoPrint disconnects when there is an error from the printer. This is a setting you can change under Serial Connection, I don't recommend making it ignore errors unless you are testing things out and know there are going to be errors.