RPi Alternative

Pis are really scarce and expensive, especially the 4. so I was looking at alternatives, and I came across a small computer, Libre Computer Board,is it capable of running OctoPi, says it's as capable as a pi, and even though the reviews say it doesn't work, I didn't see anyone using it for OctoPi. Has it been successful for anyone? I have an E3V2 by the way.

A very similar topic opened yesterday:

1 Like

The board you mention will probably work with a manual install of OctoPrint (after you install a compatible operating system).

OctoPi is a Raspberry Pi image with OctoPrint pre-installed. This won't work on the board you mentioned.

If you can find an RPi 3B, 3B+, or Zero 2 for a reasonable price, all three will run OctoPi / OctoPrint.

Hi,Try the Orange Pie zero made in China. That's what I use. At present, it can operate stably. And can support WiFi connection

are there Orange Pi Zeros from other countries that cause problems?

I think he meant "Try the Orange Pi zero, which is made in China.", not "Try the Orange Pi zero, but only the ones made in China."

1 Like

Sorry, I use Baidu translation, which may not be accurate for my meaning

Because I'm in China and I use made in China. I use Baidu translation, which may not accurately express my meaning

Alrighty :slight_smile:

I'm in England and frequently use 'made in China', as does a much of the world.
I note that on AliExpress these are about half the price that Amazon lists at. Delivery time is the same and overall they look to be a well specified board for the price.
Which OS are you using ??

I have never used the board you mentioned. But I used another solution: a TV box. You can find some TV boxes that can be rooted (foreign trade TV boxes are all rooted), then try to install the armbian system, and finally you can manually install Octoprint. If you are in mainland China, you can contact me dgpower AT qq.com

BTW,The price of the TV box is only less than 1/3 of the Raspberry Pi with the same performance. The only downside is the lack of GPIO