Sadly the repository is currently not available (no internet connection)

What is the problem?

I can't figure out why Octoprint (OctoPi) can't access the internet for plugins, updates, pings from CLI, whatever. I have added the 4.2.7 board to an Ender 3. Marlin firmware, everything on the printer is working as expected. Only trying to figure out how to get this to do updates and get plugins for Octoprint, this Pi won't do anything else.

What did you already try to solve it?

I started with a rPi 3 A+ (Only thing I could buy). I read post about the taping 5v pin on the Usb but that didn't work (in hindsight, I'm worried that the 4.2.7 board fried something on the pi, more on that later). I tried starting from scratch several times by reflashing a SD card with Octopi from the rPi imager with no luck. At this point, I stole a Pi 4 from another project. Without plugging it into the Ender , the fresh install seemed to be working. I was able to download a few plugins. After a brief victory dance, I plugged in the printer and printed a test. At some point it lost it's connection again and I haven't been able to get it back. I have put the tape on the +5V again and the data only part seems to be working this time since the screen on the Ender turns off when I power down the printer.

I don't get it. I can ping the local network (wireless on the Pi4, great connection) all day long, anything WAN like google.com, 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 100% packet loss. I've spent days trying to find anything to make this work, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

I'm not sure what logs would be relevant, but I'd be happy to post.

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

I have Unifi as my network, the Pi is connecting to the default network. There are no addition firewall rules for this network and everything else (including this laptop) is connected without problems.

Running OctoPrint: 1.8.7 with OctoPi: Version 1.0.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Note: I am quite new to linux, I've even asked ChatGPT for help with some of the network issues, but here I am.

Thank you!