SD resolution for 1080p camera

Camera model

Raspberry Pi Camera v2

What is the problem?

I have a raspberry pi camera v2 connected to a Raspberry Pi 3b, and the camera only streams in 480p.

What did you already try to solve it?

Changed the octopi.txt camera_raspi_options to 1080p fps 10, but nothing changes.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No, still running in SD 480p

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20231016155601.zip (45.8 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Running Ender-3 V2/S1 Professional Firmware 20230904
Running Octoprint version 1.9.3, Octopi version 1.0.0

Looks like your running the newer version of octopi which no longer uses octopi.txt.

You will need to have a look in the camera streamer folder and modify the libcamera.conf file

Have a read here - A new camera stack for OctoPi - Blog - OctoPrint Community Forum

and here - Camera-streamer configuration on the new camera stack for OctoPi - Get Help / Guides - OctoPrint Community Forum

1 Like

Strange, I didn't have the 'camera-streamer' folder in /boot.

I don't believe you are running the version of OctoPi with the new camera stack.

If you don't have a lot of "extra" applications, I'd suggest that you create an OctoPrint backup and reimage your microSD card with the new camera stack image. You can find it at https://octoprint.org/download/ or in the Raspberry Pi Imager.

1 Like

(For information purposes only, I'd also recommend the new stack)

camera_raspi_options does not exist in OctoPi 1.0.0. All cameras use the camera_usb_options line now, since raspi support was dropped. The cameras work as "usb" cameras, which underneath means they use the same driver - calling it "usb" is misleading, but it's not going to be changed when the new stack is where development should be focused.

1 Like