Select Prusa steel sheet profiles

What is the problem?

We can not select steel sheet profiles on prusa printer with octoprint.

What did you already try to solve it?

select steel sheet profile on the prusa display.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no

Systeminfo Bundle

Additional information about your setup

Steel sheet profiles was added to prusa-firmware in version 3.8.0
We work in a makerspace with Prusa i3 MK2.5S, Prusa i3 MK3S and Prusa MINI
Our users are blind an can not use the graphical display on the printer.
Our blind users depend on octoprint to control the printers.

Hello @josp !

For this a thing on Prusa printers, it does not mean OctoPrint has to support it.

AFAIK, you can't select the sheets from remote. It only works with the printer LCD menu.

If it would be possible, someone already would have written a plugin.

I think this job is with Prusa to detect the sheet on the bed and set the firmware accordingly.

Thank you for your helpful information.

In order for OctoPrint to select these profiles, a gcode command would need to exist. This needs to be defined in the Prusa firmware. I would suggest that you request a firmware enhancement from Prusa.

There are already "Prusa specific" gcode commands so, IMO, this would not be an unreasonable request.

Thank you for the tip.
I asked them in the comments of the Steel sheet profiles article.

It is possible to select steel sheet profile through the G-code, you can see more about it here: Add M850 code for setting sheet label and offsets by vintagepc · Pull Request #2201 · prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware · GitHub. Note that this G-code is only supported from firmware 3.13.0.
M850 S[sheet] Z[offset] L[label] B[Bed temp] P[PINDA temp]
Answer from Marina Curzi - Official Prusa CS Steel sheet profiles | Prusa Knowledge Base

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.