Sending Gcode commands directly to the command terminal

I am relatively new to Ocoprint and been working with it for a couple of days now. what I want to do might not be conventional but I want to send my GCode commands line by line directly to the command terminal and not use the GUI. I know that there is a plugin named GCodeBar that lets the user send custom gcode commands to octopi but I want to directly send my commands to the terminal. I will appreciate it if you answer my question.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Don't use OctoPrint then but connect directly to your printer's serial port. Or look at the API.

thanks for the reply I read the API documentation but I have a beginner question: what should I put as my host and is the API key the same as what I can get when i run the octopi and connect it to my printer?
should i change HTTP/1.1 also, if yes to what?

You can use my SSHInterface plugin which gives you a gcode terminal. It's pretty basic but does work.

Expect setup issues but it should work. Uses OctoPrint user accounts for login.

1 Like