Ender 3 v2 with SKR 2, latest Marlin firmware. Anywhere between 20 and 40 hours of octoprint being connected to my printer, it will throw a serial exception "SerialException: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)".
Lately, this becomes permanent, as in I can connect octoprint to my printer but after 20-30 seconds, it throws the same serial exception. The only way to fix this, is to reflash the firmware. Then, the same cycle continues. 20-40 hours of printing, serial exception, and eventually its permanent.
- I typed 'SKR 2 Serial Exception" into the Octoprint Get Help Topic search bar and it only showed 10 results, none of which were useful.
- I've spent hours and hours googling and reading other people's serial exceptions issues and nothing seems to match mine.
- I've tried running Octoprint in Safe Mode
- I've tried removing my BTT TFT 50 screen in case the serial port was interfering. No difference.
- I've tried different USB cables and different USB ports.
- I've tried rebooting octoprint and restarting Octoprint and as previously stated, running Safe Mode.
- Reflashing the firmware solves the permanent issue, but it eventually returns.
Yes. I'm not good at this stuff but the log seems to show that OctoEverywhere was still active, even in safe mode and it looks like the issue might be caused by OctoEverywhere. However, I don't know how to properly read the logs so don't take my word on that.
No it did not
octoprint-systeminfo-20230423203213.zip (456.8 KB)
OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
Ender 3 v2
BTT SKR 2
TMC2209 x 5
Raspberry Pi 4B
11250 Baud Rate
I've tried reversing them so that SERIAL_PORT is 1 and SERIAL_PORT_2 is -1
Again, the TFT is still disconnected so there is only one serial port being used until I sort this out.
Additionally, it doesn't matter if I'm trying to print or not, the serial exception still occurs if Octoprint is just idle.
This was not an issue with the original creality V4.2.2 mainboard.
If you require more information, please ask!
Thanks in advance,
Edit: I also have a nuisance issue where when I first connect to the printer, I get "Media Init Fail" and my uploaded files don't show up. If I refresh the list or upload a new file, the list reappears.