Serial port connection issue on mac OS X

Oh My bad too... i did check the serial.log check box, but it look's like I've deleted it by mistake: However I did not noticed there was a list of so much various logging options… :slight_smile:

Here is some logs… but I don't see much more information there.

octoprint.log (56.2 KB)
serial.log (813 Bytes)
serial.log.2018-04-20_12-16-42.log (809 Bytes)
serial.log.2018-04-20_12-12-42.log (5.0 KB)
serial.log.2018-04-20_12-13-42.log (813 Bytes)

Your printer is sadly not replying to OctoPrint's desperate attempts to get a communication going at any port or baudrate there. You said it did work with Macpronterface. What exact port and baudrate did you use there?

/dev/cu.usbmodem1D11 @115200

but something is odd now... I'm trying again with Macpronterface and it's not connecting too... I'll try to reboot and get back to you

ok sorry some good news after reboot i did those things:

1. Disabled SIP (System Integrity Protection) totally again, because yesterday I've enabled it again partially this way csrutil enable --without kext after testing Macpronterface...
  2. csrutil disable and restart osx and Macpronterface
  3. At first I had no connection..., I had to reset the printer with Macpronterface UI
  4. using /dev/tty.usbmedm1D11 @ 115200 baud
  5. status: connected (finally)
  6. I disconnected from Macpronterface and start Octoprint and try to connect on the same port / baud
  7. Tadaaaa... status: Operational
  8. so… I will investigate if it is really the "SIP" which cause this interference and will try to post that later…
    because I have to work a bit and stop playing :slight_smile:
    Thanks all for your support !
1 Like

On my GA Z77 DSH3 Mainboard with 10.13.4i have SIP deactivated.
On my Macbook late 2015 not and it works without disabling SIP.
But as i wrote i use Docker so octoprint runs with linux :wink: