Server not startet

Hello all !

What is the problem?

After the latest update of Octopi, and the display of "please restart server", I get the message: "The OctoPrint server is currently not running". The protocoll file on the error page I have attached Text
Command: sudo service octoprint restart returns:
Not starting octoprint, DAEMON not set in / etc / default / octoprint. ... (warning).

Something was broken in the update, unfortunately I know little as a PC user. Go via Putty to the Raspi Pi.

Please help !

Greetings Falke

My Putty Text:

GNU nano 2.7.4                Datei: /home/pi/.octoprint/logs/octoprint.log

2019-11-01 15:50:20,042 - octoprint.server.heartbeat - INFO - Server heartbeat <3
2019-11-01 15:50:20,075 - octoprint.server - INFO - --- Log roll over detected -------------------------$
2019-11-01 15:50:20,076 - octoprint.server - INFO - OctoPrint 1.3.12
2019-11-01 15:50:20,104 - octoprint.plugin.core - INFO - 44 plugin(s) registered with the system:
|  Action Command Prompt Support (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugi$
|  Announcement Plugin (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/announc$
|  Anonymous Usage Tracking (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/tr$
|  Application Keys Plugin (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/app$
|  Automatic Shutdown (0.1.4) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_automaticshu$
|  Autoscroll (0.0.2) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_autoscroll
|  Autoselect Plugin (0.2.0) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_autoselect
|  Backlash autocalibration (0.1) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_autocali$
|  Backup & Restore (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/backup
|  BLTouch Plugin (0.3.3) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_BLTouch
|  Core Wizard (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/corewizard
|  Custom Control Editor (0.2.1) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_customCon$
|  Detailed Progress Plugin (0.1.4) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_detail$
|  Discovery (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/discovery
|  Display ETA (1.0.2) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_eta
|  DisplayLayerProgress Plugin (1.14.2) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_Di$
|  EEPROM Repetier Editor Plugin (0.1.2) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_e$
|  Emergency Stop Button (0.1.2) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_estop
|  Error Tracking (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/errortracking
|  Filetypes Plugin (0.1.0) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_filetypes
|  FineTuneRptr (1.3.6.3) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_finetunerptr
|  Firmware Updater (1.6.1) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_firmwareupdater
|  Force Login (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/forcelogin
|  Fullscreen Plugin (0.0.4) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_fullscreen
|  ipOnConnect (0.2.3) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_ipOnConnect
|  Logging (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/logging
|  M33 Fio (1.21) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_m33fio
|  M84 Motors Off (0.1.0) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_m84motoff
|  Navbar Temperature Plugin (0.11) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_navbar$
|  Pi Support Plugin (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/pi_support
|  Plugin Manager (bundled) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/pluginmanager

Try running it in Safe Mode and tell us if that works.

594/5000

Thanks for the help offer.
That sounds very complicated.
I can handle beginners with Sudo nano.
I prefer to go with Putty on the Raspi pi.
Working directly in Raspi leads to totally different results.
So I could not even open the Octoprint Log file, but started a new one while working on the Raspi.
Everything was very suspect. About Putty the content was shown the same.
I ask for the location, and the nano command, which I can change in the config.yaml the flag (or whatever that means).
"startOnceInSafeMode: true"

Yes I am a beginner!

• Thanks -
nano ~/.octoprint/config.yaml

Look for the keyword server: which is not indented. Look for the keyword startOnceInSafeMode: just below that. It normally would have false next to that. Change the word false to true. Press Ctl-o ("oh") to save and the Ctl-x to exit.

server:
  startOnceInSafeMode: true

This is my listing:

pi@octopi:~ $ nano ~/.octoprint/config.yaml
  GNU nano 2.7.4       Datei: /home/pi/.octoprint/config.yaml

accessControl:
  salt: REDACTED
api:
  key: REDACTED
plugins:
  _disabled:
  - webcamtab
  - virtual_printer
  announcements:
    _config_version: 1
    channels:
      _blog:
        read_until: 1535991600
      _important:
        read_until: 1521111600
      _m33fio:
        description: Announcements and news related to M33 Fio.
        name: M33 Fio Announcements and News
        priority: 2
                             [ 103 Zeilen gelesen ]

I can not found "server", and the other words.

That doesn't seem correct to me. (Note that I've redacted your key/salt.)

Maybe a plugin installation trashed your config.yaml. This would definitely prevent OctoPrint from starting. You might want to stop OctoPrint, rename the existing config.yaml to config.yaml.save, create a new one with this content and try it.

Fetch content from here. Come to think of it, though, you should probably remove these lines:

check_providers:
    checks:
      octoprint:
        checkout_folder: /home/pi/OctoPrint
        prerelease: true
        prerelease_channel: rc/maintenance

Hallo, now my config.yaml looks like that, but no start in Web:

pi@octopi:~ $ nano ~/.octoprint/config.yaml
GNU nano 2.7.4 Datei: /home/pi/.octoprint/config.yaml

accessControl:
enabled: false
api:
allowCrossOrigin: true
key:
feature:
sdSupport: false
plugins:
announcements:
_config_version: 1
channels:
_blog:
read_until: 1538240400
_important:
read_until: 1521111600
_octopi:
read_until: 1527588900
_plugins:
read_until: 1538611200
_releases:
read_until: 1532527200
cura:
cura_engine: /usr/local/bin/cura_engine
discovery:
publicPort: 80
upnpUuid:
softwareupdate:
_config_version: 6
printerProfiles:
default: _default
server:
commands:
serverRestartCommand: sudo service octoprint restart
systemRestartCommand: sudo shutdown -r now
systemShutdownCommand: sudo shutdown -h now
firstRun: false
onlineCheck:
enabled: false
pluginBlacklist:
enabled: true
secretKey:
seenWizards:
cura: null
temperature:
profiles:

• bed: 100
    extruder: 210
    name: ABS
  • bed: 60
    extruder: 190
    name: PLA
    webcam:
    ffmpeg: /usr/bin/avconv
    snapshot: http://127.0.0.1:8080/?action=snapshot
    stream: /webcam/?action=stream
    timelapse:
    fps: 25
    options: {}
    postRoll: 2
    type: 'off'

Can I assume that you left the original formatting that I provided? The white spaces at the beginning of each line are crucial to your success.

It may be worthwhile to start over and to flash the latest OctoPi image to your microSD card.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. I am not sure and have simply deleted the one you have specified.

I do not want to do that with the image, because then I lose everything else. And you have to start from the beginning. (Touchpad, Pi Camera, Settings)
Dear an Octopy reinstall, only I do not know how to go. I really need a listing.

Hello, I'm still looking for a way to reinstall Octopi.
So that I can copy the commands. So a listing.
I am a Beginner. It is annoying for me that I have to start over after a program update.
And that is the installation. I will not become a friend of Linux.
Please help !

To be playing in this 3D printer space you need to know many things. All this isn't really consumer-friendly yet regardless of what manufacturers like Robo 3D might suggest, for example.

It requires that you know a variety of Linux commands, how to safely edit things, how to backup things and restore them. It requires you to know how to find things within a file system, how and when to delete certain files (logs) and other things like this.

Until you're ready to learn something knew then you're kind of stuck with doing bruteforce things like "start over from scratch".

I've had a working system before.
For this I used a touchpad, and had to install several programs for it. Inevitably, I had to learn the commands.
The most annoying thing was that the Raspi Pi also saves the calibration. And the Pi Camera also needs programs.
Since I do not see it, to format a new memory stick to insallieren an image. It did not work for me either, the Octopi
then even after configuration of Raspi started the same.
Even with different firmware versions of the Raspi I had to do it.

A command with the command to Octopi download would really help.

Here's the OctoPi repository and it has a download button on it.

If you're good with terminal commands in a remote shell, you can fetch some things from the existing microSD card's setup before all this. (In a case like this, I would bring in a new microSD so that I can go back to the original if I've missed something.)

The TFT calibration files could be found with a little searching on the web. I just found this page which presumably describes how one calibrates the screen. (Or go back to the original website where you figured out how to do this the first time.)

Read through either page to see what files are edited. This one mentions a program called evtest.

I now jump down to the calibration section. The author is using xinput_calibrator which is a program which calibrates for the Desktop, x windows system rather than just the terminal. They suggest that /etc/ts.conf stores some of the output to that. Next, they use ts_calibrate. Reading further, the author indicates where the output is stored.

So basically, this is the sort of thing you'd need to do to create documentation for yourself. On the MacBook, I have at least 50 documents which describe in detail how I setup anything. And I also have folders where I store all those weird configuration files so that I can recreate an image if I need to. I'm a developer so it's important that I can recreate something in the future just like it is today.

1 Like