Servo to power off printer

Hello all! I'm a new octoprint user and I'm very excited about using it.

I can't code (except for an adruino) and I was wondering if there is an easy way to connect a servo to octoprint that would be placed over my on and off switch of my printer so that I can turn my printer on and off whenever I want.

IS there already a plugin like this? I have seen that some people use a 5V relay but I don't want to open my printer again..

I hope someone can help me!

kind regards
Sem
(using an Artillery Genius and raspberry Pi 3B)

Most of us use either relays or smartplugs, but sure that would be an alternative.
I haven't seen that anywhere yet - but this design on thingiverse comes pretty close to what you want to do.

Yess that does close, but you can’t turn the printer on this way. So I want to connect a servo using a 3D printed bracket on top of the on and off switch.

I’m eager to learn how to set this up coding wise, but I will need a lot of help since I never used python before. It shouldn’t be that hard, I just need a button in octoprint to turn the servo a certain amount up or down.

That sounds that you have connected the Pi to the printers PSU, yes?

No, I just want to place a servo motor over the power button of my printer so that it physically switches the printer on and off.

While it may work, I feel like a simpler solution may be something like a smart plug - there's already lots of options in the plugin repository.

For a servo, you would definitely have to make your own plugin. I would recommend making a PSU control subplugin to get you up and running as quickly as possible, which would allow you to just write the turn on/turn off code & have PSU control handle all the smart stuff.