Setup v3 (replacing Pi W with Pi 4)

I knew on the first (two) attempts that the Pi Zero W I had on had was underpowered but still gave it a try to connect my Prusa MK3S MMU. I mainly gave it a try because the Prusa blog has extensive information about making connecting it and setting it up -- and yet I still failed. The issue was that it would never connect consistently regardless of what the baudrate was set at.

Started from scratch with a 4GB Pi4. I'm certain the build is more stable and can handle the processing better, but I still am having issues getting Octopi to load on the computer. I'd appreciate ANY suggestions! Again on this new setup, I cannot get it to connect.

Since I can no longer use the Pi W connection to the board on the Prusa, I assume I need to connect to the square usb-b port on the board encloser...

1. Is this the correct assumption?
  2. If not, do I need to connect to the Einsy board directly? [Pi 3 to Einsy]
  3. With either connection, is there any setup change I need to do on the octopi web interface?

My apologies for the noob questions, I assume you I've tried to research this as I don'toctoprint.log (120.6 KB) like asking for help.

Currently running OctoPrint 1.4.2
Python 2.7.16
OctoPi 0.17.0

Yes.

No, but with USB on the printer:

FWIW, there is actually an advantage to connecting via USB instead of through the PiZero connector. The USB interface on the Einsy board actually has a (small) buffer so it is less likely that characters sent from OctoPi won't be missed because the Einsy was too busy to notice that character comes in. The PiZero header is a direct connection to the Atmega chip on the Einsy and doesn't really have a buffer (well, 1 byte/character, but that isn't a useable buffer).

Just don't forget to turn off the PiZero option in the Prusa's menu. :wink: (I'm not at my printer right now so I don't remember where in the menu it is, nor what the exact text is. The Prusa PiZero setup page should tell you.)

Just don't forget to turn off the PiZero option in the Prusa's menu. :wink: (I'm not at my printer right now so I don't remember where in the menu it is, nor what the exact text is. The Prusa PiZero setup page should tell you.)

It is necessary to turn off the RPI port input in the Settings menu.