Shutdown issue with RPi with 7" touch screen

What is the problem?

Prior to upgrading to 1.4.1 (and 1.4.2) on my 7" RPi screen, using TouchUI I selected shutdown and then I got the dialog up and confimed by pressing the "proceed" button. Since 1.4.1 upgrade the Proceed/Cancel options are hidden off the bottom on the screen so I cannot shut down locally, but have to go to a PC on my home network to shutdown from a browser. I presume it is not not detecting or resizing the dialog successfully?

What did you already try to solve it?

Upgrading to 1.4.2 did not resolve the issue. Running updates on the RPi (sudo apt-get update and upgrade) also did not help or change the issue.

Additional information about your setup

Version 0.17.0, running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3, printer Ender 3, firmware Marlin bugfix 2.0.x, browser chrome, operating system Win10, OctoPi, TouchUI (0.3.15)

Caused by bugs in TouchUI as some controls have been moved around, which breaks parts of their javascript. Tracked here, maybe you can tag along https://github.com/BillyBlaze/OctoPrint-TouchUI/issues/418

Also make sure you have updated to the latest version of TouchUI, as some were fixed.

1 Like