Signal Notifier Plugin unable to use JAVA issue

What is the problem?

Trying to install and use Signal Notifier as this looks like a good replacement for the SMS Notifier I had been using with my free Twilio trial that has ended.
The issue seems to be getting signal-cli pre-requisites installed, specifically JAVA JRE appropriate version.

What did you already try to solve it?

Not a Linux guy but I have some experience...
Installed JRE using app-get install default-jre which got me JRE 8.
Tried to register using signal-cli and it said I needed Java 11 (not in those words... more along the lines of "has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0),
this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0"
Which I interpretted to mean compiled with version 11 and you have 8...

Tried to find and install 11 and ended up with openjdk 11 and another version 11 from bell-sw

With those installed I could actually run some of signal-cli and did manage to register and verify my number. But sending a test message produced a java error.
I did apt-get update and apt-get upgrade so all were up to date...

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

NA

Complete Logs

Here is my SSH output from signal-cli with one of the version 11 JREs installed.

pi@octopi:/opt/jdk $ signal-cli -u +14165551212 register
OpenJDK Client VM warning: You have loaded library /tmp/resource18416904156527056177.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c ', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
WARNING: Support for new group V2 is disabled, because the required native library dependency is missing: libzkgroup

pi@octopi:/opt/jdk $ signal-cli -u +14165551212 verify 356-202
OpenJDK Client VM warning: You have loaded library /tmp/resource6160890921011969700.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c ', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
WARNING: Support for new group V2 is disabled, because the required native library dependency is missing: libzkgroup

pi@octopi:/opt/jdk $ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.9.1" 2020-11-04 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.9.1+1-LTS)
OpenJDK 32-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.9.1+1-LTS, mixed mode)

pi@octopi:/opt/jdk $ signal-cli -u +14165551212 send -m "Helo World" +14165551212
OpenJDK 32-Bit Server VM warning: You have loaded library /tmp/resource2620184490050639422.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.signal.zkgroup.internal.Native
at org.signal.zkgroup.profiles.ProfileKey.getProfileKeyVersion(ProfileKey.java:47)
at org.whispersystems.signalservice.api.SignalServiceMessagePipe.getProfile(SignalServiceMessagePipe.java:238)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.helper.ProfileHelper.getPipeRetrievalFuture(ProfileHelper.java:98)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.helper.ProfileHelper.lambda$retrieveProfile$5(ProfileHelper.java:79)
at org.whispersystems.signalservice.internal.util.concurrent.CascadingFuture.doNext(CascadingFuture.java:69)
at org.whispersystems.signalservice.internal.util.concurrent.CascadingFuture.(CascadingFuture.java:33)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.helper.ProfileHelper.retrieveProfile(ProfileHelper.java:79)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.helper.ProfileHelper.retrieveProfileSync(ProfileHelper.java:49)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.Manager.getEncryptedRecipientProfile(Manager.java:572)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.Manager.retrieveRecipientProfile(Manager.java:635)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.Manager.getRecipientProfile(Manager.java:591)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.helper.UnidentifiedAccessHelper.getTargetUnidentifiedAccessKey(UnidentifiedAccessHelper.java:49)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.helper.UnidentifiedAccessHelper.getAccessFor(UnidentifiedAccessHelper.java:83)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.Manager.sendSelfMessage(Manager.java:1456)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.Manager.sendMessage(Manager.java:1434)
at org.asamk.signal.manager.Manager.sendMessage(Manager.java:1026)
at org.asamk.signal.dbus.DbusSignalImpl.sendMessage(DbusSignalImpl.java:68)
at org.asamk.signal.commands.SendCommand.handleCommand(SendCommand.java:101)
at org.asamk.signal.Main.handleCommands(Main.java:192)
at org.asamk.signal.Main.handleCommands(Main.java:141)
at org.asamk.signal.Main.main(Main.java:65)
p

Additional information about your setup

Octoprint running on
pi@octopi:/opt/jdk $ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="9"
VERSION="9 (stretch)"
VERSION_CODENAME=stretch
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs"

I will recommed using pushover or maybe printoid if you are running android

I am using an iPhone.

I am currently using Octopod which I believe is the equivalent of Printoid for iPhone. Octopod works great when on your own network, but I do like to get notifications via SMS wherever I am when a job finishes.