What is the problem?
I am looking for a quick video that I can provide to middle school students who want to use Octoprint. It is already set up, so I don't need that.
What did you already try to solve it?
Looked on youtube
Have you tried running in safe mode?
Did running in safe mode solve the problem?
You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
Additional information about your setup
OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
By the way, there are hundreds of videos that show how to download and install OctoPrint.
Also, its pretty easy to use. I use it all the time. I am just wondering if anyone has created a short video that shows how to upload a document, home the axes, heat up the hot end to load and unload filament, cancel or pause a print, why to stay away from the printer.config file unless you know what you are doing, etc.
May I ask why you didn't just do it? Takes 30 mins tops.
Download obs, either select screen record or record your browser window and just do what you want to show them.
If you can't figure it out, let me know what exactly you want in the video and I'll do it for you.
Make a short list of all points you want covered and add the username and password if they all use the same account.
I think this would be a great idea.
Thank you so much. I am a teacher developing a new course based upon project work and I am quite overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to be done. I can't thank you enough for this kind offer. Here is what I envisioned:
Introduction to OctoPrint:
- Brief overview of what OctoPrint is and its benefits.
Connecting to OctoPrint and Interface:
- How to open a web browser and enter the IP address of the 3D printer.
- Explanation of the OctoPrint interface and dashboard.
Uploading G-code Files:
- How to upload the G-code file exported from SuperSlicer.
- Checking the G-code viewer to ensure the model looks correct.
- How to manually control the printer's movements (X, Y, Z axes).
- How to preheat the printer.
- How to extrude and retract filament.
Starting a Print:
- How to start a print job.
- Monitoring the print progress and temperatures.
Pause, Cancel, and E-stop:
- How and when to use the "Pause" feature.
- How and when to use the "Cancel" feature.
- Explanation and importance of the "E-stop" (Emergency Stop) and when to use it.
Shyly asking: Maybe @brotherchris can do video?
I would like to help with this. I like the structure you have proposed. I can shoot some videos on November 4th. Maybe loading a couple of g-codes to show perspective for different models. Or even same model laying out in different sides. And then put all shoots together in one video.
The only thing is that English is not my first language. Some Spanish accent, but I like to thing that I can make myself understand when speaking.
Please, let me know if it is okey with you.
Let's give it a try! It will probably be fine. In fact, I use videos from YouTube all the time, and for a lot of the more technical topics, like this, many of the presenters have various accents.