Slicer Settings Missing

When I want to print via Octoprint ? get the message that certain slice settings are missing

Some slicer settings were missing from your gcode file.
Missing Settings: Retraction Length,Retraction Speed,Deretraction Speed,Z Lift Height,X/Y Travel Speed,Z Travel Speed

My Slicer (Cura, 4.6.1, win10)
But I can't seem to find all these settings in Cura

Annex the G-code I want to print
CE5_Leon (2).gcode (3.1 MB)

Hello @megaveejay!
Do you have plugins installed? You may check in safemode.

Yes, that seems to accept the g-code and starts the printer.

How to activate pulg in by plug to find the once causing the problem. (Sorry i'm new in 3D, just got my Ender5 Pro for 2 weeks now.

Regards,

You go to OctoPrint Settings -> Plugin Manager. There you can deactivate plugins.

thanks
Octolapse seems to be the one creating this message.

What are the basic setting for that - using Ender5 pro

regards

Understand the error better now while looking more in depth to the Octolapse settings.
Getting closer to solve it.

Now I got it working with Octolapse plugin Active.

Thanks for setting me on the right path to investigate how to solve.

1 Like

I have this same issue, Z Speed missing... unable to print.
disabled plugins and...working, now to find out what plugin....

@Buurmannetje

This error comes from the Octolapse plug-in
look at the documentation of that plug-in it mentioned what settings to do when using Cura.

After I did the proper set-up it worked fine.

Thanks, doing so much changes to my setup, didnt get to it yet, great to hear about the solution, i will look it up.
Thanks!

Can you point me in the right direction? cant seem to find it.... sorry, and thanks!

And found it... printer profile, a missing field, need to set it in OctoLapse itself.

hello everyone, I am having this exact problem. can anyone point me to the Cura setting or what the value is supposed to be?

@Murad-Malik not sure if you are still having this issue, but incase anyone else encounters this, make sure you have the followed the setup guide for Octolapse: https://github.com/FormerLurker/Octolapse/wiki/V0.4---Automatic-Slicer-Configuration#install-the-cura-settings-script

Cura requires a short script being added to the begging of your Start G-Code, in order to make these values available for the automatic slicer configuration to work.

1 Like

I had this same problem with the Crealty slicer (Cura). I resolved my problem by replacing it with the latest Prusa slicer. I found that it has a lot of nice features that I needed anyway and it worked perfectly.

disabling octolaps fixed it for me. Now I need to fix the gcode that octoprint is expecting in the beginning of the file.

I had the same issue, using Cura 4.13.1 and OctoPrint 1.7.3. Actually, in my case, it does not have to do with OctoLapse or OctoPrint, well, at some extend, it is OctoLapse.

I do have a post-processing script enabled to generate a thumbnail of the model in the gCode, so I can see it in OctoPrint. When Cura adds the code of the thumbnail to the gCode, it adds it BEFORE the code for OctoLapse, so when I used 600x600 resolution for my thumbnail, OctoLapse code gets moved long after line 1000 (OctoLapse checks for its code in the first 1000 lines of the gCode, if it does not find it, it fails).

Setting the thumbnail to 300x300 let the OctoLapse code to be inside the 1000 first lines of the gCode.

So, 2 things here:

1. Check your printer settings in Cura, make sure you do have the start script for OctoLapse in the Start G-code for your printer

1. Make sure your post-processing scripts are not interfering with those settings in the gCode. Open the gCode file and look for the line number of the OctoLapse script, it should be in or before line 1000
1 Like

There are configs to be added in Cura's printer's Start G-code for OctoLapse auto config.
Everything worked fine for me until I installed ArcWelder.
The ArcWelder plugin was deleting the comments with variables for OctoLapse auto config.