Slicing profiles

Hello, I hope someone can help me with this problem, as I am very new to this. I did a search, but couldn't find anything relevent, but as I say, I am very new to this.

I'm running latest cura version 3.4.1 with ocoprint's latest stable download, and the setup wizard is asking me to export a profile so I can import it to octoprint, but there doesn't seem to be an option in cura to do that. I can only import a file from 15.4 version.

I managed to save a materials ini file, but I expect this is not what it was looking for.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

I think the embedded version of Cura inside OctoPrint is several versions back. An export from the latest stand-alone version of Cura wouldn't be compatible with OctoPrint's import feature (to the best of my knowledge).

Thank you for your response.

Should I install an older version of CURA set things up there then do an export to get sclicing enable? Any ideas on which version I should roll back to?

I don't honestly know. Is it v15.0.3?

Ultimaker CURA 3.4.1, Octopi Version 0.15.1 & OctoPrint Version 1.3.9 according to the about details. If there is a specific log file that would shed some more light on the problem please could you point me in the right direction?

I assume this is required only to slice models via Octopi as without it remotely stored prints are still printing without issue.

I think this may have relevance looks like this plug-in facility stopped being supported beyond 15.0.4.x but still gets called up in the set-up for later versions of Octoprint.

and also:

http://docs.octoprint.org/en/master/bundledplugins/cura.html

Unless anyone has something to add I guess I should consider this closed.