SnapMaker Slicer

I just received my Snapmaker 3D printer, Laser, CNC mill, and I want to be able to start, stop record 3D printing. Problem is if I use any other software as a slicer, my warranty is void.

I have compared the gcode from Cura to Snapmaker3D with their "recommended settings" and there are still differences. So I would like for OctoPi to have Snapmaker preconfigured (selectable) or allow the substitution of Snapmaker3D replacing Cura.

Snapmaker recommended settings for Cura:
x(width) 125mm x min 20mm
y(depth) 125mm y min 10mm
z(height) 125mm x max 10mm
y max 10mm
Build shape Rectangular
heated bed (checked) Gantry height 9999999999999
Gcode flavor Marlin # extruders 1
material dia. 1.75mm
nozzle size 0.4mm

Start Gcode:

G28 ;Home
G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm
G0 X-4 Y-1 Z0
G92 E0
G1 F200 E20
G92 E0

End Gcode:

M104 S0
M140 S0
;Retract the filament
G92 E1
G1 E-1 F300
G28 X0 Y0
M84
1 Like

Just slice on snapmaker and send the gcode output to OctoPrint. In this case, all OctoPrint s doing is sending your gcode to the printer

And how will they be able to tell?

If I were them, I might have the same stance. A standard 3D printer's "worst nightmare" is usually drilling the hotend into a plastic bed... or a fire perhaps. I ran an industrial CNC machine for about a year and the worst-case scenarios are truly horrific and now you're adding a laser engraver as well. They're just worried that somebody else's slicer will drill your cutting bit through the sacrificial safety block or something like that.

Nah, I think the NSA is monitoring all prints to make sure he isn't manufacturing illegal guns in an attempt to overthrow the government

If I were mass producing illegal guns, I don't think I'd sweat the loss of my warranty. :evil laugh:

Thanks! lol on the guns.