SSH Help Logitech C920

Camera model

Logitech C920

What is the problem?

Auto Focus - I am attempting to SSH into the device. I can not seem to get SSH enabled.

What did you already try to solve it?
I found uvcdynctrl but I am also extremely new to octoprint and I am completely lost at how to create and enable the script. I can not find a way to enable SSH in Octopi.txt or in the boot directory.

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

I can pull logs but I am certain the main culprit is being unable to connect to the Pi via ssh.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)

The only hardware identified in this topic is the camera which connects via USB. A USB connection doesn't support SSH.

SSH is enabled in OctoPi by default. There are usually two systems involved in an SSH session. Please provide details about both systems. Include commands and error messages.

Thanks for the reply,

Raspberry Pi 3 b+
Octoprint 1.5.3

When attempting to SSH with putty I get access denied I suspect I need to enable ssh for my user but I am attempting to connect with my admin account.

I don't have any commands to post as of yet because I haven't successfully logged in via ssh. Is there an issue using putty? Should I use a different SSH terminal?

I want to thank you for being willing to help me out.

When you connect via SSH you need different credentials:
login: pi
password: raspberry

1 Like

PuTTY is the application I use on Windows. WinSCP is also useful at times.

Somewhere along the line, Windows 10 got an ssh command, use ssh pi@octopi (but I still use PuTTY).

1 Like

Thanks guys... I feel kinda dumb for not knowing how to ssh properly. I'll play around with the focus later today.

Thanks again for clarifying!

1 Like