Stock Filament Runout Sensor

Hey guys,

I just want to ask if the stock filament runout sensor isn't recognized by octoprint while it is connected to the mainboard of the printer itself.

The only solution to get a filament runout sensor working is to connect it via GPIO to my raspberry? Is that correct?

I hope that it is/was possible to get those data if filament is present or not over the serial USB connection. Can someone help me out? Thank you in advance.

I've got a Artillery Sidewinder X1 with default mainboard.

Hi @nicedevil!

You can read the status with command M412:https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M412.html

1 Like

echo: Unknown command: "M412"

mhhhh

Does anybody know please if there is a filament plugin that works with the Anycubic printers to check the stock fitted filament sensor?
I've been having problems with filaments running out when used from Octoprint as the stock sensor doesn't respond.

(Also could do with installing a plugin to count filament used off the reel but that's a separate question...)

I tried M412 in the terminal within Octoprint connected to an ANycubic Kobra Plus and got a response:

Send: M412
Recv: echo:Filament runout ON
Recv: ok

Not sure how to use this though within Octoprint?

Rather than use a four year old topic with a minimal amount of information, I strongly suggest you open your very own Get Help topic and fill in the template with YOUR information.

Not a problem will do.