Stopping one piece in print?

What is the problem?
I am tired of printing 2-3 different pieces only to have something fail in one of the three prints. Is there a way while running Octoprint to stop printing the failed piece so I can continue printing the remaining pieces.

What did you already try to solve it?
In the past, when this has occurred, I have just let the prints run, but it's a waste of filament and creates a big mess.

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)

Maybe this plugin

or this

2 Likes

Perfect. Recommendations on which of the two would be better?

You can always just load both so they are there when you need them. I'm pretty sure I've only used cancel object like once. I have used exclude region a bunch of times when I see that part of a multipiece print will fail.

Exclude Region works "out of the box" with every gcode. But you have to take a little care about dhe geometrie of the object to cancel.
E.g. if the object is on the top wider then on the bottom and it fails on lower layers you must draw a wider box to take the top geometrie in account.

Cancelobject needs a Slicer that marks the single objects in the gcode. So older projects needs to be sliced new to get this marks.

2 Likes

Looks like Exclude Region may be abandoned, last update was 2022.