Stuck at incorrect octopi login

I'm new, so sorry for a rookie question.

I had my pi3 with a touchscreen setup and working fine, but on starting the pi today it tells me I'm using an incorrect login. I'm in loop that only asks for the octopi login.
How can I get to a place to change my octopi password?

I found instructions on how to change the password by resetting octoprint's user database but I'm stuck at the "octopi login" prompt.

This is a common issue with Debian, and it might not actually apply to
Raspbian.

But on a project I work on we often have people typing their password at
the "login" prompt when it is actually asking for a password.

So, type the username (typically "pi") at the "login" prompt and the
password (typically "raspberry") at the "password prompt"

The message you are seeing might just be saying that there is no user
called "raspberry"

Thanks Andy, that worked

I am glad that you managed to figure out what I meant, rather than what I typed.
I meant to say:

" This is a common issue with Debian, and it might not actually apply to Raspbian. But on a project I work on we often have people typing their password at the "login" prompt when it is actually asking for a User-Name"

This didn’t work for me. Reflashed sd card still hung up at Raspbian GMU/Linux 9 octopi tty1

Enter pi for login and enter then raspberry for password.

Repeats Login incorrect and goes back to oct[i login:

If you're using a local keyboard on the Raspi, you might want to verify that the locale and the keyboard are set to your country in sudo raspi-config. Out-of-the-box, it's the UK.

as @OutsourcedGuru said your keyboard layout might be wrong.
Try raspberrz as password

no joy. still can't get in

When you type in the login, check every key on the keyboard to have the correct letter on the display. Maybe the keyboard has an issue.
You may also keep in mind that all this is case sensitive.

1 Like

Also, type either "raspberry" or your actual password for the user ID prompt (at least temporarily) to see if one of the characters isn't correct.

Example password: 123!@#"
As typed: 123!@#?

In this case, a keyboard mis-configuration might silently change what you think you're typing (but you wouldn't normally be able to see it since passwords aren't normally displayed).

2 Likes

I know I'm late, but for anyone with this problem in the future

Type: pi as your username
and your actual password that you set(at some point during setup) as the password
not "raspberry".

Unless you never set a password, most of the time this happens when people create a password during the setup process and forget they made it so they continuously try to put the default username and password and it never works.

Ex:
username: pi
password: Jimbob87

1 Like

yes i am able get in thanks last time I changed my password after reading your message i am able to get in