Hi all! I just finished up some changes to the prusa fork of Marlin to fix some arc (g2/g3) printing issues I've been encountering. I've added a new gcode (tentatively M213) that allows one to set the arc printing parameters via gcode (savable to EEPROM via M500). However, I'm not sure if M213 is good or bad. I don't want to conflict with any existing gcodes.
So, is M213 OK to choose? Here is the definition:
M213 - Set Arc configuration values (Use M500 to store in eeprom)
M213 [N] [S] [R] [F] [P]
- `N` - A float representing the max and default millimeters per arc segment. Must be greater than 0. - `S` - A float representing the minimum allowable millimeters per arc segment. Set to 0 to disable - `R` - An int representing the minimum number of segments per arcs of any radius, except when the results in segment lengths greater than or less than the minimum and maximum segment length. Set to 0 to disable. - 'F' - An int representing the number of segments per second, unless this results in segment lengths greater than or less than the minimum and maximum segment length. Set to 0 to disable. - 'P' - An integer representing the number of segments that should be generated using a sin/cos approximation before using a real sin/cos calc. Set to 0 to disable correction.