Support for multiple fans?

What is the problem?

Anyone know if there is a way to support two independent part cooling fans in OctoPrint? Dont see anything in octoprint or in add-ons. My Sovol SV04 IDEX supports separate fan control for each extruder, but OctoPrint does not seem to.

What did you already try to solve it?

Searched settings and plugins. I've only been using octoprint for a few hours, so hoping I just missed something.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

N/A

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20240408120826.zip (161.5 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Sovol SV04 running customized Marlin latest octopi and octoscreen, PI4.

My first question would be do you know the gcode commands for controlling multiple fans? This post seems to indicate that the firmware might need to be updated. There is a short FanTest.gcode file you can use to test.

Once you confirm that the gcode commands work, then adding support to OctoPrint is the next challenge. There is a plugin, https://github.com/Salandora/octoprint-customControl but it may have been abandoned. There isn't much in the way of documentation either.

You can always just type the gcode commands in the Terminal window.

What did you have in mind for "support"?