Sync 2 installs to share same plug-ins and settings

I wanted to know if I run 3 raspi's 1 on each of my 3 printers can I sync the OctoPi installs so all the interfaces are the same and have the same plug-ins,etc.? I know about adding printer instances to a single pi but would that even share the plugin's/etc.

thanks in advance, (by the way, Im a patrion, Love the software)

I would imagine that some cleverness with rsync and ssh could get all three synced up. This is assuming that all three printers are identical. If not, then the job becomes more difficult to separate the printer specific stuff from the common stuff.

I'm guessing, however, that to get this right is probably more work than just opening 3 windows in a browser and doing updates in each at the same time.

If you are worried that changes will be made by someone that isn't concerned with keeping all three in sync, then I believe using multiple users and limiting the admin privileges to a single person would help.

Agreed with @b-morgan - if you can have one of the three be the single source of truth, then have an rsync job running from that one to the others on the relevant files and directories. Which ones that might be I don't know but it wouldn't be too hard to figure it out.

Thanks guys. I did read something about rsync. I'll have to try it. I just have to figure out which folders I need to sync and how to keep the printers separate as they are different.