Temperature offsets

On the main Temperature graphing screen there are settings below the graph to manually set the printer hot end and bed temperatures and to the right of those settings are an additional set of entries for "Tool Offset" and "Bed Offset"... What are these offset settings used for?

These days, I usually slice assuming a generic 190 degrees and then decide at the last moment which filament I want to run.

The standard Robo 3D--branded PLA seem to be fine with 190 so I ignore the offset.
The Shaxon PLAs seem to want around 195, so I add a 5-degree positive offset before starting it.

There are times when it's really cold or really hot, weather-wise. Or it might be very humid or very dry. I might then want to tweak things for that one day.

It just allows a general-purpose way of adjusting a single print for what you need to do.

You can also have a single temperature for a part which is two different filaments by layers. You might start at 190 for the PLA base, pause, adjust the offset, change to carbon fiber, resume, etc.