Temperature Reporting Error Ender 3 V2

I try to install the temperature reporting error plugin to fix the problem with Creality printers.

What did you already try to solve it?

I read the posts here in the forum and found the right command to install the package from Github.

I connected via SSH and logged in as pi. I put the following line into the terminal:
python3 -m pip install "https://github.com/SimplyPrint/OctoPrint-Creality2xTemperatureReportingFix/archive/master.zip"

And I get this response:
/usr/bin/python3: No module named pip

What does this mean? What can I do? I am a complete beginner with terminal and SSH.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

How can I access logs?

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

I have Octoprint 1.5.3, OctoPi 0.18.0, Python 3 and Pip 21.0.1 installed on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+
I connect via terminal from a MacBook with MacOS 10.14.

OctoPrint has a built in plugin manager. You can install the plugin there. No need to go through the command line.

The reason that command is wrong is because OctoPrint runs under it's own Python virtual environment, not the system one that you have called there. You don't need it, because plugin management is in the UI but it is at ~/oprint/bin/python.

1 Like

Great, thanks a lot! I already read about this Python environment but didn’t fully understand it.

1 Like