Temperature spike, what happened?

What is the problem?

Did a PLA preheat to unload filament from the printer control panel (not octoprint). Heated up to 215 fine, went inside to get a spool and upload the stl. Octoprint had some trouble connecting but once it did I noticed the nozzle temp jumped up to 250, you can see on the graph that the target temp was not 250.

What did you already try to solve it?

Nothing

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Complete Logs

octoprint.log: 2021-03-24 22:46:39,153 - octoprint.server.heartbeat - INFO - Server heartbeat < - Pastebin.com

Additional information about your setup

Hello @Jerrkawz !

Does that appear to happen frequently?

From the graph I would say, the printer performed a shutdown/reset.
There is nothing to find in the octoprint.log concerning this. Maybe this:

2021-03-25 19:04:17,843 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Sending file to SD" to "Offline (Error: Too many consecutive timeouts, printer still connected and alive?)"

However, the temperature is dropping slowly and is back on high level in a sudden. The latter can be explained due to a re-established connection to the printer. I assume a serial connection issue.

If it actually happens more than this once, you may share the serial.log.

It only happened the one time but it was scary, i could have ended up with a bunch of burnt pla in the hotend if i wouldnt have noticed it. The target temp went to 0 after i did the filament change, it wasnt until i started a print that the nozzle temp went back down to 215 (you'll see that the target temp jumped to 215 once i restarted the print)