Temperature Tower

I'm having a weird issue where my hotend temperature seems to be drifting. I've replaced the thermister only to find the new ones read the same as the stock sensor. I've rebuilt the assembly a few times now and no amount of securing seems to fix it. I expect the controller monitoring the temperature on the main board.

However to deal with itI've been using the offset setting in octopi and that seems to work as long as i know the temp to offset it to, but soon i'll need more drastic measures and probably replace the board. Currently I'm printing PLA at 250C as anything less creats a substantially brittle print.

So since I'm seeing it drift and only know what to set it to as its poorly printing something the thought occured to me to print a temperature tower to see where i'm at, but I haventy found much on how to generate the code for that in octopi. I have a model, but not sure how to get it to change temps throughout the print.

I could probably edit the g-code, but there I'm not sure how to get to an editor from within the octopi web interface.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

First things first, why not slice your model with the stand-alone version of Cura? Then you've got the gcode file and you can edit it manually to adjust the temperature if you'd like. Just look at the number of layers, divide that by some number like ten and then visit that layer in the file to adjust the temperature by some common increment.

When slicing with Cura there is no need to edit the gcode manually.
In Cura exist a nice Plugin (Extensions -> Post Processing -> Modify G-Code) "Change At Z" where you easily can tweak the settings. This plugin can used for the same file as often as needed.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll give it a go in a bit. I've primarily used the Cura from within octopi, but Cura full doesn't seem to complicated.

Also, I think i figured out the issue...it's labeled PLA, but I'd be willing to bet this is PETG, it prints at its temp and has a shiny gloss post print appearance. After my current printI'll throw a known good in and see what happens at normal temps.

Just wish i would thought of that before tearing this thing down about 7-8 times and buying new parts.

Wow, I wished I'd paid attention earlier to that "250-degree PLA". At above 210 PLA turns into ooze. The highest I've done was 205 with the carbon fiber—infused PLA.