The octoprint server is currently not running error after plugin update

What is the problem?

After updating the filamentmanager update, server restarted and i got tha message.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have tried to force install the plugin and nothing happened.
After that i have tried a solution i found here (turn to safe mode and delete a file from the plugin folder),
Nothing happened also and the plugin folder was empty already

Have you tried running in safe mode?

yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no. I am pretty sure that it doesn't turm to safe mode cause i get the same message at my browser: "The octoprint server is currently not running"

Systeminfo Bundle

Linux octopi 5.10.17-v7l+ #1421 SMP Thu May 27 14:00:13 BST 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
log file

The last entries in the log are from 2021-11-16, followed by a lot of corrupted-looking stuff. So something is wrong that means it can't start up properly.

Presumably you have SSH access to the Pi to get the log file etc. already. So from SSH, if you run ~/oprint/bin/octoprint serve do you get any output?

If there is a bunch of corrupted stuff in the log, I would suspect the SD card being corrupt, or the card is full.
Ssh into the pi and do "df -h"

2021-11-19 19:00:10,773 - octoprint.startup - CRITICAL - Could not initialize settings manager: Error parsing the configuration file /home/pi/.octoprint/config.yaml, it is invalid YAML. The parser reported an error on line 201, column 1.
Could not initialize settings manager: Error parsing the configuration file /home/pi/.octoprint/config.yaml, it is invalid YAML. The parser reported an error on line 201, column 1.
There was a fatal error starting up OctoPrint.
2021-11-19 19:00:10,774 - octoprint.startup - CRITICAL - There was a fatal error starting up OctoPrint.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 29G 8.6G 20G 31% /
devtmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev
tmpfs 1.9G 3.5M 1.9G 1% /dev/shm
tmpfs 1.9G 49M 1.8G 3% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1 253M 48M 205M 19% /boot
tmpfs 378M 0 378M 0% /run/user/1000

Ok, that gives us something to work with. It means there's a problem with your config.yaml file. Don't post it here as it contains secrets, but you might want to open it to see what the problem on line 201 is. It might have ended up the same as the log file, with corruption in it.

can i post here the line 201?

That is the line 205 in which is the problem i suppose
systemShutdownCommand: sudo shutdown -h now

I deleted the following lines and everything worked

serverRestartCommand: sudo service octoprint restart
systemRestartCommand: sudo shutdown -r now
systemShutdownCommand: sudo shutdown -h now

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.