Thermal run away Ender 3

I am new to Octoprint and just installed it a few days ago. I'm getting a fault message stating I have no thermal run away protection. As far as I know it is the original system board ( i bought the printer used). M y question is can I just install updated firmware or does the system board need replacing and do I already have the thermistor and its not recognized

thermal run away fault message

What did you already try to solve it

I have done nothing yet hoping to get some guidance here

Have you tried running in safe mode and if so did it solve the issue?

WRITE HERE

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

mosr current version of Octoprint
Ender 3 stock system board
windows 10
google chrome browser

Yes - I recommend installing Marlin, there are example configurations for Ender 3, a very helpful community on the Marlin Discord and across the internet.

Thermal runaway protection is a software feature, if the temperature goes too far off course then the printer will shut down to prevent itself from catching fire. The old ender 3 doesn't have this enabled, which as you might be able to tell is a safety risk. Newer ones do, but you can just update the firmware on your board to enable it.