Time lapse not being created

Camera model

Logitech C270

What is the problem?

I am unable to take a time lapse, while the print is running I get a message under the timelapse section "Take note that timelapse configuration is disabled while your printer is printing."

What did you already try to solve it?
Not sure what exactly needs to be done
Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

octoprint.log (15.0 KB)

uploaded logs

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)

Running a Prusa Mk3s with octo print

2020-06-01 11:35:28,499 - octoprint.plugins.tracking - INFO - Sent tracking event system_throttled, payload: {'throttled_mask': 327685, 'throttled_voltage_now': True, 'throttled_voltage_past': True, 'throttled_overheat_now': False, 'throttled_now': True, 'throttled_past': True, 'throttled_overheat_past': False}

You have problems with the voltage of your power supply. Maybe the problem is caused by this.

Anyway, having a sufficient power supply is essential for reliable operation, please do yourself something good and buy an adequate one.

1 Like

Hi Jandar,

Thanks for pointing out, I noticed that now.

The strange thing is I did get a good power supply of 5V 4A and my Pi did not have any voltage problems.

Does the voltage issue affect timelapse's? cause I was able to take an octo lapse yesterday though.

Thanks again.
Hussain

A marginal power supply can cause intermittent problems. I'm not surprised that it sometimes works and sometimes fails. You can put a multimeter on the 5v and Gnd pins of the RPi 40 pin header (search for pinouts) and see if the voltage is good.

1 Like

Hi, the message you posted is displayed when you enter the configuration screen while a print is in progress, If you want timelapses, you need to configure it while not printing. then it will create a timelapse of each print untill you dissable the feature.

Hi,

I did setup the timelapse to timed mode and and start the print, are there any other settings that need to be tweaked ?

Thanks

As long as you saved changes on the Timelapse tab then yes, thats all you need to do. what does the "Timelapse Mode" say when you are not printing? You should also check the configuration page for Timelapse and Webcam. I am attaching an image of my configuration for your reference.

Hey,

Thanks alot !

Will check this and get back to you !!