Timelapse Troubles

What is the problem? Time lapses don't play on either Windows 10 or from my Android phone. Something transfers, but on Windows when I click on the downloaded file, I get 7 seconds of blank video, and an error message saying it had problems. The android downloads, but won't do anything other then display a error message. Am I using the wrong program to open these files?

What did you already try to solve it? Web research, user groups, facebook, reinstalling octoprint.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...) New (latest) version of Octoprint. Raspberry pi B, Raspberry pi camera V 1.2 I think. I don't have any problems. Wifi works well, Connecting to the printer is no problem. The webcam does work, When I go to the snapshot page, the image is there. I'm just at a loss as what to try next.

Can you share a file?

I had this problem too...
Try the VLC media player it worked for me.

1 Like

Thank you both.

I was making a new time lapse, because the ones I had weren't really pointed at anything. I brought it into this computer, it still wouldn't work with anything that windows has. Just for giggles and grins, I "cast" it to my smart TV. When I scurried into the living room, I saw just the tail end of it playing on my tv. Well, that's interesting I thought. When I returned here to post what I had, I saw aculleon's post and found out about VLC. I downloaded it and now I can say, it's working. That's what it took.

Thank you again, this was starting to drive me crazy. Everything I looked at was about hardware problems, or misplaced files, or other kind of problems, all of which were good on my setup. One of the things that threw me was not being able to watch it on my phone. Two different programs, same problem. Anyway, it's working and I'm happy.