Tornado log file and Layer Progress

The Tornado log file ~/.octoprint/logs/tornado.log is being spammed with a heap of messages:

2023-08-17 09:18:38 - tornado.access - INFO - 409 GET /api/printer (::1) 33.32ms
2023-08-17 09:18:38 - tornado.access - INFO - 200 GET /api/connection (::1) 133.12ms
2023-08-17 09:18:38 - tornado.access - INFO - 200 GET /api/job (::1) 24.74ms
2023-08-17 09:18:38 - tornado.access - INFO - 200 GET /plugin/DisplayLayerProgress/values (::1) 19.71ms

These repeat every 2 seconds. How can I supress these messages?
octoprint-systeminfo-20230817092831.zip (114.6 KB)

A log is to protocoll what is going on. I would not speak of spamming.

Have you tried safe mode to find out what plugin my be the cause?

BTW: You may check the PSU of the Pi:

2023-08-17 08:56:32,037 - octoprint.plugins.pi_support - WARNING - This Raspberry Pi is reporting problems that might lead to bad performance or errors caused by overheating or insufficient power.
!!! UNDERVOLTAGE REPORTED !!! Make sure that the power supply and power cable are capable of supplying enough voltage and current to your Pi.

I think you just have the log setting for the Tornado log file set to info. I keep mine set to critical when I am not having any issues with requests. You will likely have other things listed different than I do but if you look in the logging section of settings, you should see tornado listed there. I think Critical is default as well.

Hope that helps.

If there are lots of API requests like this being sent, it's usually from a 3rd party client like a smartphone app, or touchscreen app that doesn't work with the websocket and just polls the API continuously.

Thank you for your reply - that was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I tried to find a file like tornado.conf but failed - obviously.

1 Like

Re undervoltage: This happens only on system power up as there is no other messages in the log files. My system has some custom electronic components and I've always put the power warning down to an initial surge for power on startup.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.