Touch not working on official 7" Raspberry Pi screen

Running OctoPrint version 1.8.2 with the OctoDash plugin on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B attached to an Official Raspberry Pi 7" Touchscreen. Everything is working without any issues except the touch function.

I've checked the ribbon cable and the touch function work before when I was using an older version of OctoPrint with the first iteration of TouchUI where you had to use it in a browser on the Pi. Just recently set this all back up and I cannot get the touch to work, I'm just stuck at the welcome screen on OctoDash. I've checked to see what the Pi is seeing as connected to it and the screen is showing up and is listed as a touchscreen device.

Is the touch definitely not working, or is it rotated or flipped from what's showing on the screen?

Doesn't appear to be flipped. I tried touching the other corners of the screen to see if that would register a touch of the "next" button, but that didn't do anything.

Was there ever a solution presented for this? The touch feature is still not working on OctoPi 1.0.0 with OctoPrint 1.9.0. It works fine on OctoPi 0.18.0 with latest Klipper. I would use Klipper, but I have a Prusa MK3S that is not compatible with Klipper. I seem to be out of options. Any help would be appreciated.

The issue for me was the actual Raspberry Pi touch screen. Something must have happened to the digitizer since after fooling around a bit more with the screen I found that touch worked on a very thin portion of the left side.

Ended up buying another screen and everything worked perfectly.

In my case, it is not the touchscreen. It is something with the upgrade from OctoPi 1.0.0 or OctoPrint 1.9.0, because it works fine in OctoKlipper 0.18.0. I may give up on this route and see if I cannot find a means to install OctoKlipper on the Prusa MK3S+.

Pretty sure we didn't change anything related to that in the main os.
I would compare the config.txt of both images.

I just commented out this line in the config file and it worked again.

1 Like

I have just spent the last 4 hours trying to solve this issue, thank you.