TronXY X5Sa Pro connects but skips gcode

https://github.com/OctoPrint/OctoPrint-Fix-CBD-Firmware/archive/master.zip: No such file or directory

Looks like a typo in the ReadMe. Just use the plugin manager's repository browser, it's registered in the repository.

2 Likes

Hi. I installed the "Fix CBD Firmware" and all is well Thanks . For the record i have a Tronxy D01 ( which priint's really well). It came with the CXY-V8-190729 motherboard from Tronxy, although from what Ive read these boards are from Chitubox. I kinda get the update firmware from a gcode file thing but would much prefer Marlin. However until the screen can still be used in Marlin guess I'm stuck. I found this thread particularly useful and it saved me many hours of shouting at the Raspi Gods, so thanks for that.

Having followed the YouTube video by Teaching Tech on how to set up Marlin Auto Build in VS Code, and then following the instructions on the Marlin GitHub for how to extract and set up the Marlin config, I can say this:

Compiling and installing Marlin on my TronXY X5ST (uses the X5SA config) was surprisingly easy!

The part I spent the most time on was making a backup of the original firmware before installing the Marlin image.

2 Likes