Trouble getting WS2812 lights to work

What is the problem?

I am trying to get some WS2812 lights to run off of my pi, but I can't seem to get them to work.

What did you already try to solve it?

Due to the amount I am trying to use, I am pulling external 5v power from my printer (via a step down regulator). I didn't have the supplies necessary to wire it as shown in the tutorial for the available plugin on octopi for these lights so I used the diagram below that I found online.

My problem occurs when I try to step up the gpio pin through the logic level convertor to 5 volts. It plugs into one of the low voltage spots, and each of the high end spots will read 5 volts except for the one that goes from a high voltage spot to the then din terminal on the lights, and it only reads 2.6v. Can anyone tell be if there is something I am doing wrong, and if so how to fix it? Thanks.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.