Trouble installing plugin for tronxy pro 2

So i have a TRONXY 2 pro and it has some issues communicating with Octoprint i get lots of this

Recv: //callback_pf error

Recv: ok N:705

Send: N706 G1 X138.304 Y130.620 E0.0270*93

Recv: ok duplicate line:705

Send: N707 G1 X138.071 Y130.698 E0.0279*87

Recv: ok N:705

Send: N708 G1 X137.913 Y130.811 E0.0221*88

Recv: Resend:706

Recv: //last:705 curr:707 rcv:N707 G1 X138.071 Y130.698
E0.0279*87

Send: N706 G1 X138.304 Y130.620 E0.0270*93

one of the ways around this from users is installing a plugin that Gina had very kindly created (THANKYOU GINA!)

and

when i go into octoprint i try to put the ZIP files into the "browse" section of the plugin library and i get this output.

Installing plugin from uploaded archive...
/home/pi/OctoPrint/venv/bin/python2 -m pip --disable-pip-version-check install /tmp/tmpNFJ0Es.zip --no-cache-dir
Processing /tmp/tmpNFJ0Es.zip
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /home/pi/OctoPrint/venv/bin/python2 -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-req-build-eNcWgX/setup.py'"'"'; file='"'"'/tmp/pip-req-build-eNcWgX/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(file);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, file, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base /tmp/pip-req-build-eNcWgX/pip-egg-info
cwd: /tmp/pip-req-build-eNcWgX/
Complete output (3 lines):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 1, in
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/pip-req-build-eNcWgX/setup.py'

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.
Error!
Could not parse output from pip, see plugin_pluginmanager_console.log for generated output

im not really sure on my installation where the log is located so i can't really show it.

but i'm trying to figure out how to manually install both of those plugins so it will work and hopefully i can get this printer running on Octoprint.

if it's of any help i have this for my plugin locations but i'm not really seeing anything of use in there.

Using pip of "/home/pi/OctoPrint/venv/bin/python2", Version 20.0.2
Installation directory: /home/pi/OctoPrint/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages ("--user" flag: no)
Virtual environment: yes

any help would be great. thankyou!

I'm pretty sure single file plugins like those just get copied into the plugins folder, there is no install. But they can't be inside a zip file, just the raw py files.

1 Like

So I think that may be where my issue lies.

I'm having trouble figuring out of it's actually working. I navigated to the /home/pi/OctoPrint/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages folder and just dropped the python scripts in there but I have no indication of if they're working or not. Something tells me I missed something. But I'm not sure what.

I'm not sure if that works, but definitely not what I've seen done in the past. You should put .py files into ~/.octoprint/plugins/ is what is documented for single file plugin setups.

It's even documented at the top of the files you linked.

OctoPrint plugin that strips any parameters from M110 commands to work around firmware quirks. Manually place in ~/.octoprint/plugins

OctoPrint plugin that rewrites received wait responses to echo:busy processing for broken firmware misunderstanding when wait should be used. Place in ~/.octoprint/plugins

So you have to click the raw button on those links, and save those files into ~/.octoprint/plugins

alright so i got in there.

pi@raspberrypi:~ cd ~/.octoprint/plugins/ pi@raspberrypi:~/.octoprint/plugins ls
rewrite_wait_to_busy.py rewrite_wait_to_busy.pyc strip_m110_parameter.py strip_m110_parameter.pyc

i made them both .py
and when i reloaded the server they got converted to .pyc.

still doesn't fix my problem though as im still getting a ton of callback issues.

the printer seems to be straight up ignoring G-code.

like i ask it to home and auto level but it just goes straight into some random G-Code of the print and tries to print in mid air.

EDIT: SOLVED BY INSTALLING THIS PLUGIN.
DISREGARD ANYTHING ELSE.
INSTALLED THIS. WORKED LIKE A CHARM.

1 Like