Trying to get octoprint to show on 3.5" screen

What is the problem?

I have recently purchased a screen from my local store (https://www.jaycar.com.au/raspberry-pi-3-5in-touchscreen-lcd-with-stylus-and-enclosure/p/XC4631), i have the screen working and can see the command prompt but cant get anywhere with any ui working.

What did you already try to solve it?

i have tried watching several videos and following multiple tutorials but none seem to match this screen or work

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no, didnt even know that is a thing

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

any help would be greatly appreciated

Now you are at the command prompt you probably want to install something to display on that screen. By default out of the box, OctoPi (assume you might be using that? Not much info about the setup here...) doesn't come with a desktop or anything else to cut down on resources.

OctoDash gets recommended frequently. If that's not the kind of thing you are looking for, please be more specific with what you are aiming for and we can work with that.