Trying to set up host action cmd's

What is the problem

I'm not very knowledgeable about this kinda stuff, still pretty new

What did you already try to solve it?

I have been looking around but not able to find any direct answers, i'd kinda like one thing to be easy.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

N/A

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20231123225419.zip (873.4 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

My Marlin Build
TFT3.5 V3.0 Build

I would just like a quick link to a site or documents so I can stop the print that is started from octoprint from the screen on the printer, I am already familiar with Gcode's just really not sure which one I should use in the host action cmd sent to octoprint?

Do you have a cancel SD print or stop SD print option in the menu while printing?

I use that one.

no, but I can create a //action:<command> in octoprint, just don't know which gcode to use, seeing as it is not really an SD print I didn't think that would work

BTW, completely unrelated but this forum is really nice, wonder which base Gina used? I've only ever used MyBB but that was many years ago

using this on the octoprint side of things, which give me the printing screen on the TFT when I start a print, so the babystep, pause, and cancel buttons are available, but hitting stop does nothing as of yet, I need to tell octoprint to stop printing (sending gcode) using the action cmd's

It's discourse.

Meh I guess they removed that option in the meanwhile. I'm still on 2.0.9.x
BTW it only shows up while printing.

The command should be //action:cancel

https://docs.octoprint.org/en/master/features/action_commands.html

yeah it is, guess I am not making myself clear or I have been up to long with my head buried in VScode lol,

I am confused on what to set here,

Apologize for my over tired goofiness, I might not be making sense, please bare with me

Basically I am trying to have seamless control from each location, including being at the printer, after I get this one set, I have 4 more to do right after, lol,

I'm an idiot!!! I found what I was looking for, well i'm 99% sure it was what i'm looking for, if I am still having an issue I shall return, After I get this set up I plan on creating a step by step guide to setting it up. I have not found a complete tutorial on it so think it's about time one existed

I didn't even know that mask existed :smiley: until now I always configured everything in the config files

I'm looking forward to that guide :slight_smile:

I was wondering if you did the step by step yet? I need help with the same thing but I don't have a clue. Thanks.

It kind of depends on your printer control panel. If it's the old school reprap discount controller then you can just enable the HOST_ACTION_COMMANDS option and that will give you a new menu. That's one of the benefits of that type of screen/setup.

The other option is adding a touchscreen to your pi and use something like OctoDash.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.