Trying to wirelessly connect Prusa Mk3 but Offline after error -

What is the problem?

Gettting "Offline after error, could not write to serial port" when trying to wirelessly connect to Prusa printer

What did you already try to solve it?

I have got everything connected. I have edited stuff via Putty. It almost connects. The webcam does have connectivity so I can see things but I can't get the printer to actually connect. RPi is ON on the printer.
In Connection settiings I am using /dev/ttyAMA0 with baud rate set to AUTO

Have you tried running in safe mode?

I haven't - not quote sure how to do that.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE
octoprint-systeminfo-20220921151533.zip (370.4 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

I am trying to wirelessly connect to a Prusa Mk3S+ with a Raspberry Pi Zero 2W and I'm almost there but I am getting the Offline after error Could not write to serial Port when I try to connect. Webcam is working. I have connectivity through the wireless network. I already deleted the "console=serial0,115200" text. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please be more specific with what you are trying to do here, more clearly telling us what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to connect via a USB cable or through the GPIO pins? While this is obvious to you, you have to share this kind of information so that we know what to suggest.

Totally valid. I'm connecting through the GPIO pins.
I am trying to connect from a windows 10 machine wirelessly to a Prusa Mk3S+ using a Rasp Pi Zero 2W.
I originally used the Rasp Pi imager to create the wireless settings but ended up going in and editing the supplicant file. It contains my network and password info. The Rasp Pi does seem to be connecting to my network as I can view the webcam that is connected via USB to the rasp board no problem under "Control" in Octoprint.

Things that I have done

1. Confirmed that RPi is set to ON on the printer
  2. Put my network name and password as well as country code in the supplicant file
  3. Removed the "console=serial0,115200" from the cmdline.txt file
  4. Added the dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt to the config file
  5. I have installed several fresh copies onto the microSD card - formatting every time
  6. I have set the IP address in my router as static

Things I do have

1. What seems to be wireless connectivity to the pi
  2. Webcam image in octoprint - I can see what the webcam sees from my computer

What I don't have

1. Connectivity to the printer. I have that error message mentioned above. It seems to connect for a second and then immediately disconnects.

It sounds like you have done the correct steps (or at least everything I can see that needs to be done from Prusa's guide). I don't know that much about connecting over GPIO so I was hoping someone else might come through with a better answer as to why it was not working.

What I can tell you is that you definitely have network connection etc. - as soon as you are in the OctoPrint UI, you are connected to your Pi. The connection via GPIO and pressing 'connect' is then a completely separate part to having network/camera connections, if that helps with understanding.

It very much does help - I appreciate that confirmation. I've gone through everything that I can think of to make this work including checking the soldering of the pins on the pi. The frustrating part is that I bought the printer used and the guy I bought it from had it working wirelessly while he did a demo print for me. The IP address showed up on the Prusa screen. I brought it home, entered my network info and I'm stuck

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.