Turning printer on/off by OctoPrint

I'm completely new in 3d printing, few days ago went my first Ender 3v3 SE.
It prints well, but, as it is placed few meters from my desk, it is not comfortable to load models and start printing manually.
So, I've found octoprint@octopi. It is installed (I've found old RPI3B n my drawer) and connects to printer. I'll try to start printing soon. So, looks that the only parts of process I have to go to the printer to, are: turning device on and taking up printed model. It's impossible to solve second one, but - is it possible to switch power of my Ender from Octoprint?

I guess that I can extend powercable and place switch on my desk or use relay driven by raspberry, but maybe there is a native solution?

As there power switch on printer is hardware one and bistable, probably its impossible, but better to ask...

OctoPrint: 1.10.2, OctoPi 1.0.0.
Printer - Creality Ender 3v3 SE.

There are plugins for smart home relays. Last one was something from IKEA.
I have a Tuya smart power outlet and got it paired up with the GCODE systems command plugin and a nodered server. It triggers a webhook and the nodered turns the printer off. Additionally, I have inserted a button into octoprint gui to turn it on the same way.

I don't know if that is "native" enough for you. I doubt any printer has a way to turn on power on itself while it is unpowered, and I feel like it might not be a good idea to have something which always is a potential fire hazard idling there in standby mode.

Thanks for your reply. I read also about plugins and powering, and I see that my ideas were more or less ok.
One of reasons I've decided to buy 3D printer is my idea for selfmade smarthome, based on MQTT protocol. Some devices are already on air and I see that OctoPrint may be easily included into infrastructure by plugins.
Another work to do :slight_smile:

I've made several IoT smart plug/relay control plugins, and then there's PSU Control and its plethorea of sub-plugins.