Ubuntu 20.04 install

Due to a recent MacBook Pro update my Lulzbot Taz5 with dual extruder does not work with Cura LE and thus Octopi.
I have downloaded Ubuntu 20.04 onto a Toshiba Satellite A665.
I want to try Octopi on this system please advise.

Use the Linux install guide down the bottom. It is designed around RPi OS, but works for Ubuntu as well if you substitute your username instead of pi.

Note: OctoPi is an OS image for Raspberry Pi's with OctoPrint preinstalled. You will be using OctoPrint.

Thank you.I will give it a try! Sounds like there shouldn't be any issues

The Raspian version of install and Fossel saying this is "not for the faint of heart" has me a bit concerned. I am looking for more of an Appimage approach. I am not familiar with a lot of these processes.

If you can correctly read and follow the instructions it is not too bad. You don't have another choice for a prebuilt solution for Ubuntu.

I did make an "Octobuntu" image. You can find it here: Nextcloud and find octoprint_deploy for multiple instances here: GitHub - paukstelis/octoprint_deploy: Bash script for rapid deployment of multiple octoprint instance on a single machine

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.