Unable to access Octo Print server - Request Timed Out

What is the problem?

Unable to reach Octo Print on my PC (connected using LAN) via octopi.local or the IP address of the octopi (grabbed from the router).

The odd part is that I can access OctoPrint instance using my laptop.

When I am trying to ping octopi.local or the IP I am getting 4 Request Timed Out with all 4 packets lost.
This PC was used before to access the exact same instance and the only thing that changed was my residence, I am even using the same ISP router without any settings changed.

What did you already try to solve it?

Classic L1 stuff reset the router, re imaged octopi (using the PI installer), reinstalled Windows (I really thought this would solve the issue since I can connect from my laptop) without success. Also I was browsing the forum for similar cases and was unable to find any that solved my issue.

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

My Raspberry PI is connected via WIFI to the network.
Laptop (Win 10) is connected via WIFI to the network.
PC (Win 10) is connected via LAN to the network.
One thing that is different about the setup is that my LAN cable is not connecting directly to the router but to an UTP connection in the wall which is routed through the wall to the router. Although I don't think this should create the issue.

Hopefully someone here knows how to fix this because I would like to avoid sending files from PC to Laptop to OctoPrint :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance and let me know if I need to provide more info.

Hello @dcm !

Just give it a shot and try a direct connection.

1 Like

Hello @Ewald,

Appreciate the response.

That is not really a possible long term solution, the router is 2 meters off the ground and 2 rooms away from my PC and my printers are 3 rooms away from the PC.

You gave me an idea to identify the root cause though.
So I have connected the PI to my PC via LAN and I was able to access the Octo Print server via web which is great. But now that I went back to LAN on my PC and unplugged the PI from the PC I am back to not being able to access.
The UTP routing from router to PC is the root cause, any ideas on possibly making this work with this setup?

For anyone else experiencing this issue.
I solved it quick and dirty by connecting to OctoEverywhere plug in and using that on my PC. Not the most optimal solution but it works.

I am still in search for the solution if someone knows.

1 Like