Unable to connect to my pi over the wifi

What is the problem?

I am unable to connect to my rasp pi,following is what I did.

I installed the latest version of octopi (0.17.0) by using the etcher software. I added my ssid and password and un commented those lines. I did all the editing with notepad ++. and i am using a 4 GB SD card.

What did you already try to solve it?

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)

I have rasp pi 3 model B
Using a samsung charger to power it up wich has 5v 2A
Using windows OS on my comp

Hello @hussain

You may connect the Pi to a HDMI monitor or TV, you get the network information at the end.
You also may try to connect via LAN cable.

And in addition:

A charger is not a power supply.
Try to get a power supply with 5V / 2.5A

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply,

Do i need to comment out the lines that contain my ssid and password if I connect by lan cable ? any other modifications required ?

After powering up the pi I was not able to find it listed in my routers network....

Hey I managed to connect to the octopi , thank you for helping. I think I just waited for like 5 mins for the octopi to load and then it was fine !

Thank you !!

1 Like

Great! Could you please do this: PSA: Please mark the solutions to your topics as such

1 Like

Just a note for others, on the first boot (if you were seeing this on a local monitor) the Pi expands the ext4 partition and then reboots. So it may take longer to show up as available this first time.

1 Like