Unable to connect to Prusa MK3

What is the problem?
I am unable yo get my Octopi/Octoprint to successfully connect to my MK3 (I also have one setup with my MK2 and that works)

What did you already try to solve it?
Tried safe mode
Tried new USB cable
read serial logs

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, browser error console ...)

Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Detecting serial port"
Serial port list: ['/dev/ttyACM0']
Connecting to: /dev/ttyACM0
Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial port" to "Opening serial port"
Connected to: Serial<id=0x6b869bd0, open=True>(port='/dev/ttyACM0', baudrate=115200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=20.0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor
Starting baud rate detection...
Changing monitoring state from "Opening serial port" to "Detecting baudrate"
Trying baudrate: 115200
Send: N0 M110 N0*125
Recv: start
Changing monitoring state from "Detecting baudrate" to "Operational"
Send: N0 M110 N0*125
Communication timeout while idle, trying to trigger response from printer. Configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves.
Send: N1 M115*39
Communication timeout while idle, trying to trigger response from printer. Configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves.
Send: N2 M21*18
No response from printer after 3 consecutive communication timeouts, considering it dead. Configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves.
Changing monitoring state from "Operational" to "Offline (Error: Too many consecutive timeouts, printer still connected and alive?)"
Connection closed, closing down monitor

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ...)

OctoPi Version 0.16.0, running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
OctoPrint Version 1.3.12
Prusa MK3s() 3.8.002684) + MMU2s (1.0.6-372)

That looks like your printer is there and just reset and then it doesn't continue. What is on its display while things hang like this?

Complete shot in the dark but remove the SD card from the printer and then try to connect.

I tired again with the SD card out. That did not resolve it. When I click connect my printer resets and boots up like normal, no indication on the printer anything is wrong. I can print, etc via its display. It just doesn't connect with Octoprint. I have looks for special MK3s/MMU2s settings but haven;t found them. I have seen people with issues but not with initial connection. I'm at a loss.

If you want you can try to reset your eeprom - maybe it helps

but be aware that your printers settings will be lost after that

octoprint.log (22.6 KB)

serial.log (148 Bytes)

You may enable serial logging:
2019-10-25 17:45:55,321 - serial.log is currently not enabled, you can enable it via Settings > Serial Connection > Log communication to serial.log

Is RPI port set to off in the settings?

2 Likes

That was it! You rock!!

1 Like

Great
I thought it couldn't be that because the printer was sending something even if it wasn't much.
You learn new things every day :smiley:
happy printing :wink:

I'll admit that was a shot in the dark because I too would have expected nothing to come back. But if the fw is setup to send the start message on serial before the serial gets selected I could see this happening.

Holy cow, also that might have just explained why some of the MMU2 logs for the recent issue showed a start on reset and some didn't. :exploding_head:

1 Like