What is the problem?
Hi, I cant install Octolapse, tried so many times.
I was searching google for solutions but unfortunately with no success
What did you already try to solve it?
- pip update
- more voltage on rpi
- searching for solutions
Have you tried running in safe mode?
Did running in safe mode solve the problem?
No, I cant install Octolapse in safe mode
Additional information about your setup
Raspberry Pi 3B
10GB free on SD card in RPI
Windows 10 + Firefox or Chrome
Hello @grykom !
Could it be that the SD card is quite full?
I have enought space I think
Did you do anything from a windows machine etc.
"WARNING: Subprocess output does not appear to be encoded as UTF-8"
This is not good.
I am replying to this old topic because this is the only hit you get when you Google "Octolapse" and "WARNING: Subprocess output does not appear to be encoded as UTF-8".
I had this same issue and a fresh install of Python 3 resolved it for me. Use my steps at your own risk - I'm definitely a Raspberry Pi novice.
The steps I took were:
- Find all installed python versions (run python --version and python3 --version)
- Run the standard uninstall for the python versions: sudo apt-get remove pythonX.X (where X.X are the versions you found)
- Run autoremove to get rid of any 'minimal' files: sudo apt autoremove
- Make sure updates information is up-to-date: sudo apt-get update
- Reinstall python: sudo apt-get install pythonX.X
- Reinstall python dev: sudo apt-get install python3-dev (assuming you're using 3.x python)
After this I was able to install the plug-in from the plug-in manager.