Unable to link the RTSP Webcam in Octoprint - Need HELP!

What is the problem?

I used a FOSCAM C1 lite to make a stream on my print. There is a correct Ip adress to see it but you need to open it through a navigator with the correct plugin to open it.
Octoprint can't access like that on my camera because it's not a direct HTML link
for example I can access to the webcam through VLC by typing this link exactly :
rtsp://[user]:[psswd]@[IP]:554/videoMain

What did you already try to solve it?
I've tried a lot of thing to resolve it.
I have a prusa MK3S, first I wanted to install octoprint on a Rpi0W because I thought it was a sexy way to do it but then I saw that it is hardly not recommended to use with octoprint. Then I installed Octoprint on RPI3B. And i let the RPI0W in the prusa thinking that I could use it to convert the RTSP to FFmpeg and make a correct link for octoprint.
Then I followed those topics :

http://stephane.lavirotte.com/perso/rov/video_streaming_pi1.html
MJpeg-streamer paragraphe

then I tried this without success

and this : Using ffmpeg for webcam streaming and timelapse support

then I tried this :

then I tried this path :

and then I tried to use snapstream
but it doesn't work verry well ...

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
I've the latest version of octoprint : Version 1.3.10

I would like to use mys foscam even if it's not a great cam,
If you say me that I will never be able to make it work properly I will change it
but I think there is also a lot of people who need to solve this problem

You could write a service to do something with an RTSP stream (converting it) or you could buy something that's more standard and uses HTTP instead.

ok yes, I would like to convert it with my Rpi0w but I can't find any good tutorial to do it ! do you have one ?

Don't expect a step-by-step tutorial for this. I would guess that most people would simply give up, buy another camera and call it a day.

ok ! too bad !
what cheap camera do you advise ?
I think it's also difficult to know what we are buying before buying it ...

I'm fond of the official Raspberry Pi camera but for a little more you can buy a complete kit with a Zero, case, ribbon, camera (but not the microSD).

yes why not ! I already have zero, i'll print a case and i already have an sd card !
[Edit] Haha I just found this case : https://www.thingiverse.com/make:544475
this is just what I need :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like