Unable to Login

What is the problem?

I can SSH in but am unable to login via a browser.

What did you already try to solve it?

I followed the suggestions at the help page I forgot my OctoPrint password, how can I reset it? and deleted the users.yaml file and then restarted the service. I emptied my browser cache, set the config.yaml file to firstrun: to true and when I go to the ip address, it still asks me for a login. I tried another brower as well. I inspected the users.yaml file and found my username but no passwords that I know of work. I would have thought on the deletion of the users.yaml file and restarting the service, this login request would have gone away.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octoprint 1.3.12

the order is to delete the users file, edit the config and then restart the service

Sorry for the confusion. I followed the steps as written on that page and cut and pasted each line in order. So I deleted the file, changed the config and then restarted the service.